Phone number 978-779-2257 x6
|Migdalia Rivera||BSN, R.N.||978-779-2257 email@example.com|
|Linda Oetman||BNS, R.N.||" "||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rosemary Sullender||BSN, R.N.||" "||email@example.com|
|Pat Trahman||District Nurse Leader||978-779-0539 firstname.lastname@example.org|
District Wellness and Health Site
- District Wellness and Health Site - http://www.nrsd.net/index.php?id=86
- Health Forms (Medication orders, Physicals, Emergency Health, etc...) http://www.nrsd.net/index.php?id=91
Services Provided by NRHS Nursing Staff
Vision, Hearing, Postural, and Mass Weight Index screenings.
Individual Health Care Plans
Resources and links for Students, Staff, Parents and Guardians.
- Action for Healthy Kids http://http://www.actionforhealthykids.org//
- Adolescent/Young Adult Health section of American Medical Association?s, on preventive services, adolescent health resources, and numerous links.
- Adolescent/Young Adult Health sponsored by American College Health Associates with links to resources addressing HIV/AIDS, contraception and safe sex, sexual health, eating disorders sexual identity, mental health, nutrition, sexual assault, substance use/abuse, women?s health, and other issues- excellent for educators/counselors. http://www.acha.org/
- American Academy of Allergy & Immunology highlights
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry-Provides up-to-date info on issues that affect children, teenagers, and their families. http://www.aacap.org/publications/factsfam/
- American Academy of Family Physicians- Excellent web for all health related questions. http://www.familydoctor.org/
- American Heart Association. http://www.americanheart.org/
- Center for Disease Control Health Topics from A to Z ? Excellent Web Page.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Division of Adolescent and School Health http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dash/
Depression- and mental health- fact sheets and more for teen depression, National Institute of Mental Health http://www.nimh.nig.gov//
- Diabetes- American Diabetes Association (ADA) http://www.diabetes.org/
- Diabetes- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation http://www.jdf.org/
- Emancipation and Legal Rights of Minors in Massachusetts http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/
Health Info for Kids and Teens- The Center for Health and Health Care in Schools http://www.healthinschools.org/students/
Healthy People 2010- Leading Health Indicators in US http://www.healthypeople.gov/document/html/uih/uih_4.htm
Herbs & Dietary Supplements- National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine ?excellent portal to government guidelines and information http://nccam.nih.gov/
Holistic Kids- information on CAM and children www.childrenshospital.org/holistic
Kids Health http://www.kidshealth.org/
Massachusetts Suicide Prevention Resource Guide (Mass Dept Public Health)
National Institute of Health ?NIH Links to numerous diseases/conditions
National Institute of Child Health & Human Development http://www.nih.gov/
Nutrition and Physical Activity ?Center for Disease Control and Links
Nutrition- noncommercial web for ages 9-12 and their families that communicate healthy eating and active living info in meaningful and relevant ways. http://www.kidnetic.com/
Nutrition- A CDC website created to answer kids? questions on health issues and recommend ways to make their bodies and minds healthier, stronger, and safer. Includes interactive activities that teachers can use in science and health curriculums. http://www.bam.govbam/
Obesity- studies by Kaiser Foundation on the Role of Media in Childhood Obesity.
Smoking Cessation- www.quitworks.org/
The Family Guide Web Site ?substance abuse prevention endeavors. http://family.samhsa.gov/main/listserve.aspx
US Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women?s Health http://www.4girls.gov/
US Department of Health and Human Services Administration on Children, Youth and Families Family and Youth Services Bureau Clearinghouse on Families and Youth http://www.ncfy.com/