The art department offers courses designed to expose students to a number of subject areas and experiences in the arts. Courses are designed to help students interpret and solve visual problems in a variety of media in engaging studio classrooms. The program contributes to the aesthetic education of students with a wide variety of abilities and interests. Classes are organized around a series of projects designed to give students the experience of working with various materials and approaches within each elective subject area. In addition to learning basic skills, students will have numerous opportunities for personal expression and exploration of their interests.
All courses count (2.0 or 4.0) towards the Fine & Performing Art Requirement for graduation.
See our Program of Studies to learn more.
- Journal of Contemporary Art
- PBS Art
- ARTSEDGE (Kennedy Center for the performing arts)
Visit the Kennedy Center and find out what is playing
- Bach Central Station Includes MIM, performers, recordings, scores, biography, images, instruments, and more.
- The Children's Music List A guide to children's music on the web.
- Children's Music Web Lots of info here, including activities, and curriculum ideas.
- Creative Nexus The center for artistic expression includes an art gallery as well as music clips and student writing.
- Education at the Met An innovative network of programs designed to help further music and arts education.
- KIDiddles Mojo's Musical Mouseum: Songs for Learning
- The Red Hot Jazz Archive
- McGraw-Hill Music Page Includes web linked activities, lesson plans, and more.
- Music Education Resource Links More links organized around the nine national content standards for art education.
- Music Resources Links to many music sites
- Music Resources from the State of Wisconsin.
- Music Sites Another list of music sites.
- Arts Education Curriculum Guides for all grade levels
- Art Images for College Teaching A great sources for famous art images.
- The Cistine Chapel Take a tour of one of the most famous places in the world.
- Jarea Kinder Art Many elementary and some secondary art lessons and activities.
- The Lesson Plan Exchange for Teachers of Theatre
- Music Education Online A great resource for music teachers
- Kodak: K-12 Solutions - Lesson Plans art lesson plans and more!
- National Endowment for the Humanities