Link to wiki on Web 2.0 http://technologypd.pbwiki.com/web20+workshop
New Tools - Web 2.0 Tools
- Blogs (Blogger, Edublogs other tools wordpress, typepad and movabletype)
- Getting Started with blogging
- RSS RSS in Plain English (Common Craft) more on RSS, the Oprah way
- Aggregators/Readers for RSS (Google Reader, Bloglines and more)
- Skype, Audacity and Royalty Free Music. Rubrics MultiMedia rubrics
- Wikis Wikis in Plain English pbwiki / tour or wikispaces / tour
More on wikis in the classroom - Integrating Technology into the Classroom wiki
Class Wikis http://technologypd.pbwiki.com/FrontPage and Twlight wiki
- TeacherTube and YouTube
- Google documents and Tour (sample class Integration Technology and the Internet and emerging technologies) Google Maps
- Tinyurl - tinyurl
- Social Bookmarking in plain english (Common Craft) using del.icio.us
- Google Reader constantly checks your favorite news sites and blogs for new content tour
- iGoogle personalize a page, add news, photos, weather, etc
- Bloglines a free service that makes it easy to keep up with your favorite blogs and news feeds.
Other Tools and Terms
- Podcasts Definition, VodCast PoducateME extensive guide to podcasting
- SlideShare - a place to host and share presntations.
- Flickr - online photo management and sharing application.
- SnapFish, Shutterfly, Community Webshots, RockYou
- Survey Tools (Zoomerang, SurveyMonkey, zoho polls)
- Zoho offers a suite of online web applications
- PageFlakes your personalized start page with news readers, RSS feeds and more>
Using PageFlakes as a student portal
- Netvibes Personal news aggregator
- Suprglu Do you already use sites liet del.icio.us, flickr, blogger, etc? SuprGlu is a new
way to gathher all your content from these sites.
- Furl allows you to save anything you view on the web.
- MP3 creation and publishing tools: Audacity, Podomatic, GCast, Podbean and Odeo
- Video MovieMaker, PhotoStory, JumpCut and Flixn
- Screencasts using SmartRecorder, Windows Media Encoder, Camtasia by Tech Smith
- Screencasts for Student Feedback