Welcome! This page will provide useful technology links to the district and high school plans and initiatives.
NRSD - District Technology Plan
Link to the district site
District Technology Mission
Our students and staff will have access to the necessary technological resources to educate all students to their fullest potential and support our Technology Literacy and Information Fluency and Benchmarks.
District Technology Vision
We believe that technology enables educators to practice quality instruction and reach all learners by offering students a variety of opportunities to synthesize, present and communicate knowledge.
District Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
Chromebook - District Information
District Chromebook Site https://sites.google.com/a/nrsd.net/1-1-chromebook-inititiative
BYOD - Bring Your Own Device (February 2013)
If your child is part of the BYOD pilot at the High School, please refer to:
Forms (1 and 2 - Copies also available in Media Center or see BYOD Pilot Teacher)
- NRHS Parent Letter [pdf] - SIGN - This letter requires both parent and student signatures as well as documentation of the personal device. Note: Please locate the MAC Address (Media Access Control address), a unique identifier assigned to your network interface, and add it to the signature page (See below for details to locate the MAC address.
- NRSD PERSONAL DEVICE NETWORK USAGE POLICY SIGN form can be found here [pdf] (device type and mac addres on the form)
- Locate your MAC Address * for your device (see directions below)
When the paperwork is signed and the MAC address located
Pilot teachers may want to do this using the Chromebook cart in class
- Record your Registration infomation and mac address here.
Please allow a few days to have a password assinged to your device.
- Return the signed forms to the BYOD Pilot Teacher they will be placed on file in the office (Attention: Mr. Cote)
The Pilot teacher will reserve a class period to wotk with the ITS teacher to join the device to the network using the password assigned by the Tech Department.
- Student will enter password, agreen to the terms and then log onto the network with their school login.
Note: Next fall student should be able to log onto the network by just using thier school logon. As a reminder, sutdents will be allowed to use the device for academic purposes. We reqeust students refrain from streamling video in order to all to share the bulding bandwidth.
* Locating the MAC Address of a Device
How to find your MAC address on a MacBook: Click the Apple menu atthe top left of the screen; Click 'About This Mac'; Click the 'More Info......
PC Laptops - Try this shortcut first
Here is a quick way to find the MAC address on the PCs. Run thecommand prompt and then type getmac
Click Start, Run and Type Command. In the box type: ipconfig/all TheMAC iaddress is under Physical Address
Framework for 21st Century Learning
How does this Framework give students the skills and knowledge they will need to succeed? Learn more.
Twenty-First Century Student Outcomes
The elements described in this section as “21st century studentoutcomes” (represented by the rainbow) are the skills, knowledge andexpertise students should master to succeed in work and life in the 21stcentury.
1. Core Subjects (the 3 Rs) and 21st Century Themes
2. Learning and Innovation Skills
3. Information, Media and Technology Skills
4. Life and Career Skills
NRSD - District Links